Friday, April 20, 2018

PHOENIX IN THE SKY

If I pray hard enough
Will you come back?
Without you the sun's gone
The skies have turned black.
The rivers have ceased flowing
All lakes have dried up,
The bread has gone stale
No wine in my cup.
The birds have ceased singing
No bees left to hum,
My heart has stopped beating
My mind has gone numb.

I miss you so much
Why did you have to die?
In life you were a butterfly
Now a phoenix in the sky.

I think of you always
I've still a tear in my eye,
I kiss the remaining picture of you
And that's when I cry.
The times we held hands
Walked by the sea on powdery sand,
And all of a sudden
The Lord made his demand.
He wanted a new Angel
To sit by his side,
And he called out to you
The almighty cannot be denied.

But, I miss you so much

2 comments:

  1. I'm did relate to this poem. It seems, it's my story. Though it's already two years now but it seems, it just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if this is inspired by who I think it might be inspired by. I know you don't really know me, but I know of you and for some reason I felt compelled to see if you knew of the loss and I came across this poem and so, maybe you heard already. Anyway, I guess, my loss is quite heavy on me, and if you would ever like to talk about it. You can always talk to me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete