Thursday, September 26, 2013

SUIT OF SKIN

We all walk around well dressed
In our own suit of skin,
The texture and colour may differ
But we're all the same within.

Your suit looks beautiful in it's brown shades,
I'd like to try it if I can,
Just to wrap up in the delicate silk of your skin
My suit contains within it this man.

My encased form will join you
And we'll unite from within,
Tumbling embrace like dry cleaned clothes
A new life will begin.

The mechanism inside will contain both me and you
This is the beginning of our kin,
Our future generation is in new clothes
Our child in his fresh suit of skin.

My suit is getting worn now
Slightly fraying at the seam,
Also a little bit saggy
And broader round the beam.

One day my cloth will fade for good
And suddenly stop being worn,
The soul inside will drift away
From the hole that had been torn.

So, take good care of your birthday suit
The one within which you were made,
It's the greatest gift you'll ever have
Even when it becomes threadbare and decayed.

Phil Hall  September 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment