Sunday, June 22, 2014

THE WINDOW

A portal
For me
A mere mortal,
Do I have the zest?
Am I like the rest?
Do I go with the flow
See what's on show
And
Look through the window?
I see the old tree
Staring back at me,
We have the same roots
Stretching so deeply.
Tendrils twisted
Together
Down below,
Breath mists the pane
As ghosts of youth
Drift past the window.
There are two sides
To glass,
On the outside
Pleasure and earthly desire.
My side,
Agitation and a decaying mire
Where my thoughts
Form a baying horde,
A battalion of words amass.
The leering reflection
To which
I feel no connection,
The windows watery mirror
Shields the impacted horror,
We all speak of love
Of hope, faith
And honour
And what hides
The other side of the glass.
That's my rendition.
Open the window
Taste the fresh air,
Climb through
Say hello
He's the one
Stood in front of you.

Phil Hall  June 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment