Wednesday, July 9, 2014

UNDERWATER LAKES

There are times
When nothing is as it seems,
You wanted chocolate hob nobs
And you got custard creams.
The rain isn't cold
Snow feels dry,
And the sun is alongside
The moon in the sky.
I like to swim
In underwater lakes,
Where nobody sees
My elementary mistakes,
My arms they glide
Without purpose or thought
And fish swim overhead
Trying to be caught.
Gems shimmer above me
Always just out of reach,
Like winning lifes lottery
With a luck one cannot teach.
As a child I was always
Cocooned in maternal bubble,
Until I found underwater lakes
To cleanse my unending struggle.
I still lay staring at night
Eyes fixed on a dreamcatcher,
When a ghoul often pays a visit
He's a smiling bodysnatcher.
Now here I sit contemplating
Bathing my mind in the cool water,
Where once I sailed majestic seas
And kissed the gunners daughter.
So, I slurp upon my golden brew
Submerge a biscuit in the tea,
Dream of swimming in underwater lakes
Would you like to bathe with me?
Phil Hall  August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment