Monday, December 22, 2014

LEVEL 5

Something lurks
On level 5,
Something sinister
And it's not
Alive.
There's an occasional
Temperature shift,
The breath mists cold
In the haunted
Lift.
Lights may flicker
And the doors quiver,
A feeling of dread
Makes one
Shiver.
Beyond level 1
And on toward 4,
Pulse quickens, cold and clammy
I reach the floor.
The light flashes
I feel an icy cold,
A grip of unnatural
Decay and mould.
Will I reach level 6
My final destination,
A sickening feeling
Burgeoning trepidation.
The lift stops suddenly
Alone in frosted gloom,
Have I travelled to hell?
And sealed my doom?
I'm held in a ghosts hand
For breath I strive,
I've met the phantom
Of the lift on level 5.
The House of Fraser
Birmingham's premier store,
Holds a ghostly secret
In the lift
On the fifth floor.

Phil Hall  December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment