Monday, December 22, 2014

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY

When I was a little boy
At this time of year
I'd look to the sky,
Getting excited
At the prospect of seeing
Reindeer flying by.
I thought children
All around the world
Had the same fun,
I never could imagine
Little ones murdered
By evil men with a gun.
When I was a little boy
We'd creep downstairs
To presents beneath the lights,
I didn't consider then
Other little children
Wouldn't enjoy such delights.
When I was a little boy
I was King Herod
In the school nativity play,
Dressing up in costumes
Singing Christmas carols
But, little children died that day.
When I was a little boy
I looked up to adults
For a sense of safety and reason,
Who'd ever believe
They'd murder in cold blood
Schoolchildren this festive season.

Phil Hall  December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment