Tuesday, July 7, 2015

MAMMEE BAY

I listened to Fleetwood Mac
I listened to them today,
I heard 'Albatross'
Whilst I strolled a beach
In Jamaica
A beach called
Mammee Bay.
The cymbals
Representing the waves,
Lapping at the sand
So serene,
This is a paradise
Only I have may have ever seen.
The true surf
Of that jewel encrusted sea
Played with my sunburnt toes
Totally refreshing me.
I'm sure this what
Life is all about
What finding yourself
Actually means.
Everyone and everything
Became rudimentary
With time and space
An unconscious state
And even elementary,
Here I walk quietly
On the sand of Mammee Bay
Aching body and advancing age
Purely sedentary.
A lonely frigate bird
Sailing on a turquoise sky,
Without troubles or worries
No if, when, what or why?
Albatross ends
The soothing tune
Comes to a melodic close,
Will I hear that surf again?
Feel the sand of Mammee Bay,
Maybe
One day
Who knows?

Phil Hall    August 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment