Wednesday, July 15, 2015

NINE MILES

Herbs swirling
Around my head,
As I gaze upon
The single bed.
I'm in Zion
Shoes off,
Paying my respects
Before the lion.
Nine miles
One love
And children's smiles,
Chasing the bus
No fi cuss
Throw out the dollar
And hear the holler.
Tomb of finest marble
The King lying in state,
His words still true,
We await our fate
The three little birds
Still singing
To me and you.
So here I am
In Bobs backyard,
Full of one love 
The memories will be strong.
The lion is in Zion
Hard as iron
No woman no cry,
What could be wrong?
Back on the bus
Salute to Rastaman,
A place of peace
As only The lion can,
Yeah man, I and I
We are one blood,
That can only be good,
I smile
I've walked in Zion
Man been a nine miles.
Marley, a true legend
True king,
One love
Lyric
Man, woman and child
You all can sing.
One love
One heart
Let's get together
And feel alright.

Phil Hall. July 2015
Copyright philthepoet61.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. It appears there is something amiss with you blog, Phil, there's a message box that says, "The webpage cannot be found"...?

    ReplyDelete