Tuesday, May 20, 2014

NOTHING TO SAY

Hey!
I've not gone away,
Just ran out of words
I've nothing to say.
But I'll be back
I'll come back and play,
Maybe not tomorrow,
Some other day.
It's a bit like a bird
Who's forgotten how to sing
Or it just flaps on the ground
Because, she's lost the use
Of her wings.
Like the frog
Who's forgotten how to jump,
Its legs set like stone
An immovable warty lump.
Or a fish
That cannot swim,
It sits on the bottom of the water
Looking quite dim.
Then there's the snail
Who's lost his shell,
He now looks like a slimy slug
Now that'd be just hell.
You see I just cannot think
Of anything to write,
I've lost my modjo
Mislaid my poetic light.
A bit like the bear
With an almighty sore head,
He needs a good sleep
But Goldilocks has his bed.
Or just like Pinnochio
Who was carved from the trees,
And when it rains
He gets mildew on his knees.
How about Rapunzel
Who wanted to escape, But!
Just before being locked in the tower
She'd had her hair cut.
The poor gingerbread man
Who looked so good to eat,
His escape plan was foiled
When they bit off his feet.
My mind is numb
From losing my writing libido,
I suppose I could sleep like snow white
Hoping it'll re grow.
I feel a bit like Ginger Rogers
Who nobody would have a care,
If she danced the night away
Without the late, great Fred Astaire.
Or even The lone ranger
He'd be useless of course,
Chasing after all the bad guys
Without Silver, his trusty white horse.
Captain Kirk without his Spock
Even Fred without good old Barney,
Terminator would be a heap of scrap
If it wasn't for muscle bound Arnie.
And if his gloves didn't have any blades
Freddy Kruger would be a wimp,
Whilst Tarzan would be a lonely man
Without cheetah, his crazy pet chimp.
Strawberries and no cream
Tangerine without a dream,
Taylor minus Burton,
Window missing a curtain.
Bonnie less Clyde
Ticket not to ride,
Goliath beating David
And Billy isn't a kid.
So,
One day
I just may
Have something to say.
But,
'Til then
I'll say again,
It's one hell of a fight
To think of something
To write.
Alright!!
I'll say goodnight.

Goodnight.

Phil Hall  May 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment