Tuesday, May 6, 2014

THE COMMODITY

I'm sick of this
Of being an oddity,
Just a lump of meat
This governments' commodity.
Ending up in a grave
After years
Of being their slave,
Paying tax on everything
Is something
I don't crave...
Yep
I'm just a bloody commodity.
It doesn't matter
Who's in power
Labour, Tory or Liberal
They're all a useless shower.
Conjuring ways to bleed you dry
Sat fiddling in ivory towers,
They treat us all the same
We're just cash cows
Commodities.
Sent to wars
We didn't want
Just to be pumped with lead,
This conflict is a just one
That's what they said.
But, it's never
Their children leading the line
No, it's our loved ones
In body bags,
The ones that come back dead.
Spent commodity.
From the day you were born
Just an ingredient
In their daily bread,
Like an ear of corn
Milled and ground
Just a pawn
In the chess set of life,
A commodity.
So all in all
I'm sick of it,
I've worked for years
And put up
With all their shit.
I've paid my dues
Done my bit,
Once my death duties
Have been paid
On my grave they'll spit....
And it'll all be replayed
With
A new commodity.

Phil Hall  May  2014

No comments:

Post a Comment