Thursday, March 27, 2014

COLOURS

I'm feeling blue,
It's because of you,
I'm green with envy
I'm in a frenzy
All because of you.
You're in the pink
That's what I think,
Whiter than white
Whilst I have to fight
My feelings on the brink.
No turning back
My mood cold and black,
Face flushed and red
This is over.... Dead
New life, changing tack.
Some say I'm yellow
Not the old stout fellow,
No more purple patch
Loves door left on the latch
The song drifts cool and mellow.
Life can arc like a rainbow
Colours bending toward fools below,
There's no pot of gold
Browned off with the crap I'm sold
Mix and match a big fat no no.
Drenched by lifes cold grey rain
Where's the sun when I'm in pain?
Show your true colours mate
Before it's too late
Don't let tears cause them to stain.

Phil Hall  March 2014

2 comments: