Tuesday, March 18, 2014

IN MY HEAD

I'm sure there are strangers
Running riot in my head,
I can't believe
Some of the things
I've done or said!
I call people names
Like tosser or twat,
It just happens
So amazing to think
I'd say something like that.
It isn't me lifting your skirt
And copping a quick feel,
It's my inner demons
Out of control
It's no big deal.
You will blame me I know
But it's not true,
As its a complete stranger
And not me
Who's fondling you.
It wasn't me
Who stole your new bike,
Kicked the heads off your flowers
Pissed through your letterbox
Call the police if you like.
They can't arrest
The voices in my brain,
I'll just run in a circle
Screaming "Choo choo!!!"
Pretending I'm a train.
They'll think I'm crazy
They'll just say I'm mad,
But I'll wink my eye at you
Spit in your face
And continue being bad.
I can get away with anything
Its the strangers can't you see?
My parents despair
But, they were soft as shit
A peaceful life to pacify me.
Teachers are even worse
Scared that I'll sue their ass,
They can't instill discipline
Their threats pathetic
As I disrupt the class.
You created these strangers
Yeah, you lot.... Society,
With your liberal rubbish
About punishments and stuff
I've rights you see.
These strangers are fiction
They're not really there,
I'm just a spoilt little bastard
Who needed a good slap
And today there are millions like me
Everywhere.

Phil Hall  March 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment