Sunday, September 14, 2014

TRANQUILITY

The night sky
Starlight falls over all,
Butterfly wings
The heavens arrayed
In powdered
Fragility.
The inky void
Hides my
Insecurity,
And I think
Of you
Shall we walk
By the sea of tranquility?
Like a bee
Staring toward the flower
I want to unite
The seed of life
With you.
Years of banality,
Heading aimlessly
To finality
And then you came......
We danced under
A hunters moon,
Its light scattered
With languid dexterity.
The pages of life
A scrapbook
They unfold before us
Dazzling and immortalised,
We learn
We love
And the ocean laps our feet.
I lack the temerity
Yet you reach
For my hand,
A fallen angel
But wearing
A smile of the purest sincerity.
Hands reach out
Parting the silken drapes
My dreams become ours,
You walk within my mind
Stroking my intensity
Drinking from the well
Of my absurdity.
My salvation complete
Feelings replete,
Empathy, never sympathy
Your tiny footprints
Guide me to the waters
Of the sea of tranquility.
Phil Hall  September 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment