Friday, April 18, 2014

SEA OF UNCERTAINTY

Alone again and staring
Over the sea of uncertainty,
The doleful moon isn't shining
Its beams are dimmed, I can't see.
A sorrow I've felt once before
When time ground to a halt,
My heart is leaden and heavy
Am I the cause, the fault?
Was any of this truly written?
Of love, yearning and desire,
The stars explode in the sky
As tears douse the funeral pyre.
My soul had been opened
For all the world to witness my joy,
Now this warrior stands broken
Just a scared and timid little boy.
The only thing that matters
Is I can see her, hear her voice,
I pray God keep her safe
(She'd be a perfect angel I know)
Please don't make that choice.
A pulse of the resonant drum
With its beat dull on times spent,
The sun has gone, left me here
To tread water in my sad lament.
The waves curl about my legs
And the tide of time tugs at me,
I can't swim, my arms are tied
In the bleak sea of uncertainty.

Phil Hall  April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment