Saturday, April 12, 2014

THE LITTLE MAN IN A BOAT

I've always loved
The little man
Sailing in his boat,
When he salutes me
I flick my tongue
And away to heaven he floats.
It's important to me
That I speak to him
In a loving kind of dream,
I can taste
The salty sweetness
Upon the river of cream.
I plot a course
Beyond him
Deep into uncharted waters,
Past turbulent waves
Of passion
Lay with Hyperions daughter.
Once I reach my destination
And paradise
I have found,
My flag
Is planted deeply
In this fertile ground.
I work her hard
Til all seed is cast
And our grinding has abated,
The joy of new life
In future months
Has left us spent and sated.
But my pleasure is to give
And pay homage
To the little man in the boat,
All wrapped up snug
In his hood
And scented petal overcoat.

Phil Hall  April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment