Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TIGER LILY

TIGER LILY
(A WHORE FROM PICCADILLY)

The first time
I sang about
Tiger Lily,
I was marching
Down High Street
With my best mate
Corporal Billy.
I heard
She was a whore
From Piccadilly,
Long black hair
Bright red lips
An expensive
Feisty filly.
Her mother
We had come
To understand,
Was also
On the game
Working the street
Known as the Strand.
The father
Hung around
The 'Elephant & Castle',
Offering men
All sorts of things
Including
Selling his arsehole!!
So we march
And sing
Off to war as planned,
Waxing lyrical
About Tiger Lily
And the weirdest
Fucking family in the land.

Phil Hall  April 2014

"My name is Tiger Lily
I'm a whore from Piccadilly
My mother is another
On the Strand.
My father hawks his arsehole
Down the Elephant & Castle
We're the weirdest
Fucking family in the land"

World war two British army
Marching song.

Composer.... Unknown.







No comments:

Post a Comment