Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MY SHOWER MEETS THE NANNY STATE

Just when I thought the world
Was mad enough
No! It had to get worse,
The meddling and interfering
Nanny state
Has issued another curse.
Not content with stopping
The rolling of cheese
Down a hill,
Or dancing morris men
Outside a pub
Dipping for apples
Will make you ill.
They've now decided
What's best for me
I can't believe their power,
They've regulated the heat
With which I can take a shower!
It's true
When the thermostat
Reaches a certain temp,
It bloody switches itself off.
So now I'm stood here
Covered in soap and shivering
I'm sure to develop a cough.
Now I love a hot shower
The hottest that it can get,
I don't need a stupid regulation
Saying how high it should be set.
I yearn for the days of freedom
And the individual rights
Of our proud nation,
But now
I get soap stinging my eyes
And freeze to death
All because of the nanny states
Fear of litigation.

(So thanks to all the idiots who claim compensation for getting;
Scalded for drinking a hot coffee,
Cutting yourself on a sharp knife,
Falling down a hole that was infront of you,
Slipping over on ice etc etc)

Phil Hall  October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment