Sunday, October 20, 2013

THE OP'

White
Bright light,
Swimming thoughts
Nerves taut.
Smiles sported
Voices distorted,
Minutes pass
Inhaling gas,
Echoing talk
Floating walk.
Blurring shapes
Needles and tapes,
Brilliant white pavilion
Sliding into oblivion.
"Philip! Philllippp, lip lip ip ip ip!"
I hear my name
But, it's not the same,
My voice unheard
Silent word.
Blue sky drapes
Blurred moving shapes.
This is absurd
I'm now a bird,
Hovering over me
This is what I see,
Bleeps and bellows heard.
Awake, yet asleep
In coma deep,
Knives and clips
Drugs and drips
My body they safely keep.
I'm atop the tower
Over a field of flowers,
Jump? I've no choice
From the darkness a voice
Where seconds were hours.
My mind turns around
The constant beeping sound,
Friendly eyes in a mask
Completed their task
My body returns to the ground.
Replete from strife
Surviving the knife,
The bleeps and bellows
Masked angels and fine fellows
Everyday..... Help save a life.

Phil Hall October 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment