Sunday, October 13, 2013

WIDE ASLEEP

My mind is alert
Awake and strong,
But my soul's asleep
So, so wrong
For so long now
Thoughts dark and deep.
Through marbled halls
Drifting on my lifes song,
Floating quietly on memories tide
Eyes wide open all along.
Wide asleep,
My soul wide asleep,
Though I see you all the time
And your love I'll treasure
Your love I'll always keep,
I'll continue my journey
With my soul wide asleep.
When the palms sway
And of you I pray,
Although my soul slumbers
My thoughts with you stay.
A moment alone in the sun
I remember your smile
Our laughter and fun,
My soul sleeps
While I'm alone
And back to you I'll run.
The sea beckons
Waves crash on lonely beach
The shoreline steep,
I'll be awake again soon
Leaving marbled halls behind
No more wide asleep
Free from these thoughts deep.

Phil Hall  October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment