Thursday, February 13, 2014

ANGEL EVELYN

"There is a happy land
Far, far away
Where saints in glory stand
Bright, bright as day."

She looked just like an angel
That's what my Mother did say,
When Jesus came to Nans house
And took my aunt away.
Her skin glowed in tranquility
With a coolness like mother of pearl,
She looked just like an angel
A frail, yet vivacious girl.
She'd stand at the bedroom window
And watched her siblings play,
She should stay in bed and rest
That's what the doctor would say.
Evelyn never reached her teens
She lived just to the age eleven,
My Mom still says happy birthday
To her elder sister in heaven.
I'd have loved to have known my aunty
But she died so long ago,
Though Mom often tells me about her
The angel I didn't know.
Rest in peace dear Evelyn
Most of your family sleep  with you too,
The angel my Mom remembers well
Who to Heaven flew.
Aunt Evelyn used to play piano
A poem she would sing aloud,
My Mom recited it the other day
With head so slightly bowed.

"There is a happy land
Far, far away
Where saints in glory stand
Bright, bright as day"

Phil Hall  February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment