Thursday, February 27, 2014

WARTS AND ALL

I love life
Warts and all,
I adore everyday
I'm having a ball.
It's not 'cause I'm healthy
Or being six feet tall....
No,
It's because I see the world
Its colours and its sights,
The life giving sun
The stars at night.
The birdsong and the flowers
The great canopy of trees,
The harvests each year
And the hum of the bees.
The sound of the sea
The spray of the surf,
The feel of it on my face
And what it all is worth.
I love the tastes
"Hey there" I'd call
"What'll you have?"
A tall drink or something small?
We can dine in a beach shack
Or a marbled hall.
The tenderest fillet steak,
Boschendal grenache, oh so fine
Oysters or giant langoustine
Crisp Chablis in crystal
The pleasure is all mine.
Wherever
Whenever,
I'm having a ball
Living life to the full
Warts and all.

Phil Hall  March 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment