Sunday, February 9, 2014

SHRUNKEN HEAD

I have this shrunken head
It's perched upon my neck,
I'll tell you all why it shrivels
So here goes
What the heck?!
It's because I'm working nights
The infamous graveyard shift,
Where ones mouth
Is like a bird cage
I think you get my drift.
Ungrateful doctors everywhere
And Midwives running about,
To get any sense out of them
I feel I have to shout.
My throat is dry
My eyes they sting,
My ears are still reeling
From my bleeps incessant ring!!!
My legs have turned to jelly
My thoughts turn to my bed,
This is why I'm suffering
From a knackered shrunken head.
So when you awake
A new day refreshed in the sunshine,
From your bed you leap
As I'm stumbling into mine.
My shrunken head is drooping
Rational thought is hard to keep,
Nights are not for hard work
They're supposed to be for sleep!!

Phil Hall  February 2014

1 comment: