Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE LIGHTHOUSE

Out there
In the depths of yourself,
There is a lighthouse.
When you see its light.....
Follow it
It'll bring you eternal peace.
This is my lighthouse.....
My mind was concrete,
Numbed and mauled,
Years of daubed graffiti
Upon which
Scratched and scrawled
I was created.... Completed.
Pat my head, why didn't you?
I was just like a little kid,
You didn't see the man inside
Pulsing strong,
Deep within the carotid
I was me.... The soloist.
The house, the job, the child
That's life, it's what you said
Exotic holidays, good car, the man
Just about that order
Free spirit?..... Yeah right, dead.
I was treading water
Freedoms river, without a boat
The racing tide
Of life denying
Couldn't breathe, just about afloat.
I swam.... Away.
I saw the bank
Through mist and the fog,
A branch reaching for me
I staggered
Through clinging mud and bog.
I saw.... The lighthouse.
The beam, beautiful and warm
Directed me in its light,
I reached out toward it
Soft and delicate
And so very right.
Love?.... Yes, real love.
My thoughts for years
Sailing the storm tossed sea
The crashing waves
Of interfering minds,
Drowning the real me.
Salvation..... The light.
The ray of hope in darkness
Offered warmth and direction,
The storm in my mind
Subsided
I felt a new protection.
Pure..... The way forward.
My mind is now at peace
With calm sea, no commotion,
My lighthouse
Guides my course through life
On this vast and personal ocean.
Anchored..... My beautiful haven.

Phil Hall March 2014
Copyright: Philthepoet61.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow...beautiful! 'A ray of hope in darkness' lovely Phil. Full of emotion and hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete