Friday, June 21, 2013

FAR AWAY

FAR AWAY


The girl I love
Is so far away,
The girl I need
A distance in time
By a half day.
What can I do?
What can I say?
I need to convince her
With her my heart will stay.
I see her smile
Through a sheet of glass,
When one of us sleeps
How slowly the hours pass.
We talk, we plan
We are full of promise and hope,
It is hard to be without her
Neck tightened in the rope,
She is so far
My girl in another world
She is my shining star.
Oh how we’ll play
We’ll stroll hand in hand,
She’ll walk in my steps
In my magical land,
We’ll count the days
Till we are one
We’ll banish the fears
Till they’re none
I just want her to see
I just want her to know,
Through the glass
She can touch me,
My girl so far away
Understand
She becomes we
Very soon now
It is meant to be.
No more worry
No more jealousy,
Far away
To so very near
It is
You and me.

Phil Hall  June 2013




3 comments:

  1. ithink this is one of the most beautiful of all your beautiful love poems. as always XXX my knight so heroic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy. Now I have to erase the comment on the other poem. This now is my favourite! I second Kim's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete