Tuesday, June 18, 2013

THE WAIT

THE WAIT

(Dedicated to Ms Vanessa Swales Consultant Surgeon)



The wait
 Apprehensive wait,
The pensive mood
And
Although I look calm
This is a field I understand.
I am going to be knifed today
By a beautiful woman
Professional and calm,
A smiling, calculating lady
Will plunge the blade
Deep into my naked flesh.
With steady hand
And gaze of serene intensity
She will explore her work,
My defenseless form
A labour of love for her
With deft touch pulling
Muscle and tissue apart,
I am hers to do as she pleases.
The gentlest caress
Removes my seeping blood
And she continues
Probing, searching for the defect,
She discovers my inner being
And with artistry
She repairs my hurt.
So here I sit
Waiting,
I have a date with a beautiful lady
Who will plunge a knife
With professional intent
Deep
Into my sacrificial skin.

Phil Hall  June 2013




2 comments: