Wednesday, June 12, 2013

KIDS TALK

KIDS TALK


Eat up your greens; you’ll be big and strong
“But Mommy they are yellow and red!”
Less of your cheek and get yourself washed
“But Mommy I’m not tired, don’t send me to bed!”
Now hurry up and get up them stairs
“But Mommy you only want me out the way, so
You can invite in Uncle Fred!”
Don’t make me raise my hand to you
“But I don’t like him, he’s not my Dad!”
“And when you are out he touches me Mommy!”
Don’t you dare lie to me girl, don’t get me mad!
I’m sick of your lies, get out of my sight!
“But Mommy, please believe me, I’m so sad”
Have you seen my vodka bottle I need a drink?
“I poured it away Mommy, when you drink you are bad!”
I swear I will kill you for this
“But Mommy, I love you, I need you strong!”
“I get bullied at school; I don’t know where to turn!”
“Why do you cry Mommy, Tell me what’s wrong!”
It’s the world I’ve given you, you don’t belong,
You deserve better, a stable home, one where you’re safe
“But Mommy, we can get through this, this is our song!”

Footnote
Listen to your child
They deserve respect,
They should have a voice
And above all
Our love, protection and guidance.

Phil Hall  June 2013




2 comments:

  1. this happens to so many little girls. in my family it happened to a little boy. i wish parents would wake up and be responsible. i love this poem because it is so sad but true.

    ReplyDelete