Saturday, June 15, 2013

SWEET HURT

SWEET HURT


You breathe fresh life
Into this tired mind,
You are life itself
Pure, beautiful
And so, so very gentle
You inspire me
And you are my determination.
I am the child in your arms
I’m the little boy,
Stood with faced pressed
Against the toy shop window,
Awaiting
Like the boy waiting for Christmas.
I stand alone
Alone in a sea of unknown faces,
Yearning for the day
That God delivers you to me.
I feel your sweet hurt
I pray it is so,
Your smile perched on trembling lips
Is in anticipation of the joy
That is sure to come.
A beating heart
Quickened by expectancy,
A love generated by need and passion
Your soul soon to be caressed,
Soon to be free of shackles
With the manacles of life unlocked.
A dove to fly free
The sweet hurt in joyous abandon,
As your flight
Toward ultimate joy and happiness
Brings the peace
Of love
To
You.

Phil Hall June 2013




5 comments:

  1. this is so beautifully written. the words just flow like a stream of love. i felt my pulse quicken as i read it. this speaks volumes to me. like i have been waiting to hear these words all my life, i am still waiting to hear. love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you comes to you soon Phil ... to love with such devotion is the greatest of gifts. I have experienced this and hope to again. Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and touching. I really enjoyed your poem. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete