Friday, March 8, 2013

MEERCATS


MEERCATS



What’s the fascination with meercats?
All they are is flea ridden rats.
They’re on our TV’s at all times of day,
On billboards and buses, they find a way.
To have you believe they’re from Leningrad.
But, in fact they’re stuffed toys, how very sad,
That car insurance is going off the scale.
The incentive to buy… A Sergei doll in the mail.
****
Why Russian anyway? When it’s life on African soil,
Scratching the earth for bugs, that’s real toil.
Dogs sell insurance too; a monkey went into space,
A horse was once Pope, animals all over the place.
Why not go the whole way? It maybe just too sinister,
Have a goldfish captain England and a snail as prime minister.
So, about my car insurance, I don’t care what meercats say.
I’ll not buy from them, but, a warthog might just be ok!

Phil Hall    November 2011


1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I think Meerkats are cute. My granddaughter paid for me to feed them with maggots at Twycross Zoo. Its not their fault that advertisers think they will help sell insurance!

    ReplyDelete