Monday, August 5, 2013

CRUEL LOVE

I'm not a cruel man
But, sometimes I can be hurtful,
My shame is known only to me
Only I can forget
Only it's another who can forgive.

My love was cruel, a dark web spun
Leading only to pain and misery,
Now I walk that lonely road
Farewell happiness, farewell to love.

She didn't deserve to be held
At arms length and fed just scraps,
A beautiful woman caught in a web
Dark days, with dark nights alone.

She loved, she longed and lay with me
I loved, though I lusted and lied to her,
Man the hunter, man the pantomime fool
Woman the strength, she born to rule.

I just left her hanging around
Her inner beauty fading over the years,
And what a beauty, full breasts, full lips
Eyes that just smouldered with latent sexuality.

She's gone now, her life extinguished
Her love deserted me before my birth,
So, my love for her faded and the poster came down
No more Marilyn, I tore my love for her apart.

Phil Hall  August 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment