Saturday, August 3, 2013

TORN THOUGHTS

Terrified i kneel before you
My hour of judgement here,
With my clasped hands in prostrate genuflection
Up or down you are my overseer.

I have struggled with torn thoughts
Will light fill my tortured soul,
The harpies with shovels awaiting
Scattering black petals into cavernous hole.

Flitting from creation to evolution
A hapless, ageing being, lonely in mind,
Seeking solace and peace from this world
Just another carbon lifeform dubbed as mankind.

Peering at the shattered glass future
The lowering of casket under a throbbing sky,
Should've had these torn thoughts
Balanced and settled, long ago before i die.

A fool can die a thousand deaths
Yet love can die just one,
A purity of dreams and thought
In an instant...... Gone.

Phil Hall  August  2013

1 comment: