Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SAILING IN THE SKY

I stare into the distant horizon
Over the jet encrusted sea,
Where my lady is sailing in the sky
Sailing toward me.
The wind holds its breath for her
And rain falls on a clear night,
Tears of joy sparkle as the stars
Guide the giant bird into sight.
Wings caress the jewelled night air
With sea shell sails full and proud,
Diamond eyes glitter before her
I whisper her name out loud.
Too long the world has kept us apart
For too long, words spoken through glass,
The first embrace in tingling expectation
The kiss, it's passion will never pass.
Her beauty, sailing toward the shore
A vision shared, the whole world to see,
My love is sailing through shimmering sky
At last, the giant bird has delivered her to me.

Phil Hall  August 2013

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of emotion and well-written. Very nice poem!

    ReplyDelete