Friday, August 9, 2013

DUMBED DOWN CREATION

Kittens still appearing "Oh how cute"
Endless feline poses captured in a glass,
Countless majestic sunsets and spouting waterfalls
And videos of unfortunates falling on their ass.

Continuous quotations and witty anecdote
I really think I have had my fill,
Pouting scantily clad models
For male plussers fit the bill.

Is a sprint the same as a marathon?
They both give the winner a gold
But, its the disparity of creation
That leaves me feeling rather cold.

If one can become famous
For baring of personal attributes,
It's easier than working for a living
Let's all become prostitutes.

I see hundreds worshipping trivia
Though this is a sign of the age,
We live in a world of dumbed down creation
Celebrity claptrap is replacing the sage.

Phil Hall  August 2013


1 comment:

  1. Well you have put into words what I have thought for quite some time. I DO read your poetry, but I will admit I usually just Plus it rather than comment. I will try to do better with the comments. I am so far behind on all my friends stuff though , sigh. :-)

    ReplyDelete