Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MANS WORK


MANS WORK


I got up today with vigour
With energy and meaning,
It was today that I’d set out a list
I’d planned to do some cleaning.
I’d start off with some Ironing
Some vacuuming and I’d dust,
So I settled down for breakfast
With a cup of tea a must.
I then thought I’d wash up
 Pots and pans from the night before,
But then the morning paper arrived
So I started to read it at the door.
It was time then to polish
The furniture and the TV,
But I settled down to watch it
After making another cup of tea.
The afternoon soon arrived
The morning had gone in a flit,
I hadn’t got any cleaning done
But, I’d polished off all the biscuits.
I began to think about washing the car
Though it was only just a thought,
It was time for afternoon tea
The cars not been washed since bought.
It was now time to prepare dinner
I’d cook fresh vegetables and veal,
But, I was aching from all my exertions
So I picked up the phone and ordered a take away meal.
Women say housework is never, ever done
And from that fact I’m departed,
If it wasn’t for all the distractions
I might actually get started.
I did actually manage to do some work today
I’m sure it will fill all hearts with cheer,
I went and did the shopping
And I got a good deal on the beer.

Phil Hall  May  2013



No comments:

Post a Comment