Thursday, May 9, 2013

THAT NIGHT


THAT NIGHT


Here I lie
In darkened room,
Still and quiet
My lonely tomb.
I remember so well
The girl in bloom,
Oh how we loved that night.

With laced allure
Loves young dream,
I kissed gently,
Savouring silken cream,
Shivering petals,
Before shuddering scream.
Oh we loved so long that night.

Her inhibitions and reserve
Were now gone,
As she straddled me
And we were one.
In joyous unison
Our bodies shone,
Oh we loved so hard that night.

She whispered
Her love was mine to keep,
As I proclaimed my joy
Spent so deep.
Held close in each others arms,
Safe in lovers sleep
Oh how I remember that night.

Time has gone
Like hourglass sand,
Lay here alone,
Without loves demand,
Remembering her,
With stroking hand.
I wish again for that wondrous night.

Phil Hall  May 2013


2 comments: