Sunday, May 12, 2013

THE VEIL


THE VEIL


We met under a star filled dream,
She walked with a sensual innocence
And my eyes were entranced by her grace.
Each tiny step floated over the sand,
With just a whisper of surf
Caressing her toes.

Her head bowed in resplendent purity,
As her creed demanded of her sex,
The veil covered her satin dark hair
With just her eyes in view.
Her eyes, those mesmeric eyes,
Black diamonds so demure.

I lifted her chin and gazed in wonder,
Those eyes pierced my unworthy soul.
They questioned and pleaded with my faith,
Could our God ever allow such thoughts?
She removed the silk covering her lips
And I stepped nervously closer.

With our hands held in front of us
I saw the stars shining bright on her tears.
“We are not meant to be” she whispered,
As I cupped her beautiful face with my hand,
But, our lips met sweetly and with tenderness
She lingered before pulling away.

I wanted God to turn his back for one night
So two faiths could join together in love,
I could feel her nervous excitement
And she kissed with a wanton denial.
She pulled away from me her eyes flashing and bold
But when the veil dropped... She was gone.

Phil Hall  May  2013




1 comment: