Wednesday, April 17, 2013

ALTERNATIVE REFLECTION


ALTERNATIVE REFLECTION









So a year is nearly over, with an amazing turnaround achieved,
The alternative reflection has left me relieved.
From the aching joints and bitterness, came a realization,
wasn't washed up, merely low on esteem and determination.
                                    ***
After wallowing in self pity and all of its loathing,
Being fed up of feeling tired and needing loose clothing.
Inside a mans head he should always feel he’s eighteen,
So, I was beginning to wonder, where the hell I had been!
                                    ***
A regimen of exercise and watching what I ate,
My previous athletic incarnation becalmed in a slumbering state.
Although double the age than when I was last at my best,
I attacked my workout and diet with vigour and zest.
                                     ***
So now when I look through my window, what do I see?
It’s my achieved reflection looking back at me.
A new life to love until my very last day,
With new love and self respect, I intend to stay this way.

Phil Hall          March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment