Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NIG


  NIG


Although years pass, our wonderful Nig’s still near,
Always remember his life, as we raise a beer.
Our family legend, he once played King Lear,
He’s the reason we've Mom and Dad still here.


I’ll always miss him, our wise old sage,
With his rapier wit, stories on each glittering page.
His timing ever perfect, on life’s long stage,
Memories of Nig will never dim with age.

How I miss preparing his Sunday high tea,
And his constant barrage of satirical repartee.
My hilarious uncle, wickedly chiding me,
To have a fraction of his class would perfect be.

Nig, a hero of mine since I was a child,
He oozed the class of Olivier, owned the charm of Wilde.
So please, raise a glass, lager, bitter or mild,
To the greatest uncle, who forever beguiled.


Charles Pascal Hall
'Nig'

I miss you uncle

(1923-2007)

 Phil Hall      April 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment