Monday, April 8, 2013

GETTING THE GODS TO HEAR


GETTING THE GODS TO HEAR

I've prayed with my lord,
Danced arm in arm with Shiva.
I've reclined with Buddha,
Even called Hera a diva.
I've chanted to Sucellus,
I've gripped a hammer with Thor.
But, the problem I have is,
Getting the gods to hear me anymore.
I've kissed the feet of Anubis,
Scattered petals in the waves for Poseidon.
Though my entreaties are really quite hopeless,
As the Gods don’t give a damn.
We've perverted whatever they've given us,
We've torn the heart and soul out of our world.
The runes are etched; the dice have been cast,
The tableau is now being unfurled.
We've abandoned the word of the scriptures,
The commandment tablets ignored.
The Koran has been doctored by fanatics,
The prayer giving way to the sword.
Although there is hope for us,
If we stay true to our important role.
It’s using what the Gods have given us,
It’s the power to think from our soul.


Phil Hall  April 2013








1 comment:

  1. Phil, i am one if Jehovah's Witnesses. we are often scorned and even hated because we TRY to live by bible principles. we do not participate in politics or armed services. we believe God is the only god.and a god that is loving and peaceful. satan is currently in charge but his reign of chaios is coming to an end. i don't always disclose my beliefs. you are my friend and i do not believe in pushing my faith on anyone. i will however answer any questions if asked. and that's all i have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete