Friday, April 12, 2013

ENGLISHMAN


ENGLISHMAN


I am an Englishman,
I am an Englishman.
The red rose planted on my breast.
A proud and stubborn Englishman,
I’ve faced down any test.

This Englishman
Like Saint George
I’ve dragons and enemies slain.
But, being a true Englishman,
I’ve tried to ease my enemy’s pain.
I am an Englishman
Like Wilberforce
I’ve freed so many slaves.
With Galahads heaven sent ‘Christ blade’
I’ve sent tyrants to their grave.

But this Englishman,
Is now beginning to change.
I once depicted power and might,
We’re now seen as interfering,
And even a fading light.
An Englishman
Whose forefathers
Built our vast Empire on others soil.
We’re sending Englishmen to war again,
This time it’s just for oil.

I am an Englishman
I am an Englishman,
My door for you is opened wide.
Please forgive what I’ve done wrong,
What the leaders have long denied.
This Englishman
Will try to repair the hurt,
And bring justice to the worlds poor,
But, to our would be enemies and foe,
Beware the Lion of England’s roar.


Phil Hall  April 2013







1 comment:

  1. this is so true today. no honor just money. dying for black gold. blood for petrol. it won't stop until we are living on the new earth i believe in that is coming sooner than later. God is tired of the humans have treated his gift and each other.

    ReplyDelete