Monday, April 29, 2013

BUNGSAMRAN


BUNGSAMRAN



There’s a lake in Thailand,
On the outskirts of Bangkok,
It had some huge fish in it
And my arms are still in shock.

We were met at our hotel
By Damian and the wonderfully named Boomsong,
They were our guides for the day,
Nothing could go wrong.

They set up all the tackle,
 They made up all the bait,
With the massive splashes in the water,
I couldn’t bloody wait.

We caught giant Mekong catfish,
The size of which I’m proud.
To celebrate, the beer flowed
And we got pretty loud.

The beer was called ‘Leo’
Nice and chilled and in easy reach.
To our guides amazement,
We drank eight litres each!

We laughed at the others
Who weren’t catching many fish,
Then along came the eatables,
Thai chilli pork and a spicy rice dish.

We fished in the blistering heat,
The humidity was boiling our head.
Our arms were aching so much,
And our faces turning red.

We got back to the hotel,
And went straight for a massage.
The Thai girl that looked after me was ok
But, my brother had one who was ugly, old and large.

Richard and I will return one day,
Bungsamran is just so good.
We gave Boomsong a big tip, and said we loved him
I don’t think he understood.


 (Archoi, Me, Boomsong and Damian)
Phil Hall  April  2013



No comments:

Post a Comment