Saturday, April 6, 2013

YOU ARE ME, I AM YOU


YOU ARE ME, I AM YOU

You are me,
I am you.
I’ll be the sock,
You be the shoe.
That is what lovers do.
We’ll walk miles together,
We’ll stay true.
I’m the heart,
You’re the blood.
We beat and flow as one,
Like lovers should.
I’m your strength,
You’re my soul.
Deeply entwined
To achieve our goal.
I’m your tree,
You’re my root.
Brought together
To bear our fruit.
You’re my gold,
I’m your iron to rust.
You’ll always be precious.
Even as lifeless dust.
You are me,
I am you.
Just doing what
We are supposed to do.

Phil Hall April 2013


5 comments:

  1. Sweet and pure sentiments. Lovely poem Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, i wish this kind of love for myself..XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely said combining the poetry and the daily
    Françoise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am me, but where are you? and lover makes two! : )

    ReplyDelete