Wednesday, April 3, 2013

RUNNING NAKED


RUNNING NAKED

I've ran naked down my street,
Also I've paraded naked around the town.
Nobody has ever raised an eyebrow,
When I attended a wedding without any clothes on,
Not even the vicar delivered a frown.
***
I've made love to people I shouldn't have,
I've been naughty with the lady next door.
 People wandered by without raising an eyebrow,
Neither of us had any clothes on,
And we were laid on a supermarket floor.
***
I've had ghosts in my previous house,
They've haunted and tormented my inner soul.
An old woman who stalked the upstairs landing,
She’s always terrifying, haggard and pure evil.
She stares through me with hollow eyes, black as coal.
***
 I've been chased by all sorts of wild animals,
Even dinosaurs have bitten and clawed at my skin.
Every time a take a dive into the pool,
I’m about to hit my head on the other side.
My brain suddenly starts to kick in.
***

These are the dreams I've been having,
I’m sure it’s what I eat that makes them so.
But, I wonder...would people actually ignore me
If I ran about town in the nude?
Just be glad you’ll never have to see it on show.

Phil Hall April 2013




1 comment: