Monday, April 29, 2013

PENDRAGON


PENDRAGON


I talk with the dead,
I’m poet and Druid of Merlin.
A writer of songs
Of warriors strong,
All just playthings of Gods,
My name is Taliesin.

It is a night for lovers,
The full moon crackles on the deep.
My eyes rest easy
On the caress of the surf,
And the Pendragon of Britain
His soul, in words I keep.

A dragon shaped comet
Arrowed through the stars and burning bright,
After the battle of Mynyw,
Where King Pasgen
 Lay slain,
Uther became Pendragon that night.

The high King summoned Merlin
After battling Gorlois at Caer Lundein.
He required a spell,
To conceal him well,
In Din Tagell he loved Ygerna,
And he wanted Gorlois wife, as his Queen.

As Gorlois died under Merlins spell,
A soul crossed the Bridge of Swords.
Uther and Ygerna,
Betrothed at the stones
Her heavy with child,
Uther did battle with the Saxon hordes.

I Taliesin, am the creator of truth
And teller of the world’s greatest story.
My words span eons of time,
Millennia of rhyme,
The death of Uther and the New King,
 Who gave Britain glory.

Uthers child was Arthur,
Under Merlin he gained wisdom.
He formed his warrior ring,
Won many battles,
Of which the bards still sing,
He brought peace to Dumnonia, his Kingdom.

To you in the new and future lands,
I’ve given you the story of Pendragon.
I Taliesin
My Lord Merlin,
Can walk again
In the oak groves of our beloved Ynys Mon.


Phil Hall  April  2013



No comments:

Post a Comment